Memo to President Obama Regarding Immigration Policy
In this memo, a veteran immigrant-rights strategist, Frank Sharry, offers his views on the politics and policy of achieving immigration reform.
The recommendations cover conditions for reform, gauging and moving public support for comprehensive immigration reform, and components to a workable bill that assists workers, employers and taxpayers, plus how to make reform work within the new political and economic realities.
- What Conditions Would Make a Reform Push Viable in 2009?
- Will the Public Support Immigration Reform? Particularly in an Economic Downturn?
- What are the Components of a Workable Bill that Can Pass Congress?
- What Is the Relevant History and Context for the Upcoming Debate?
- What Are the Factors Working For and Against Reform in 2009?
- Making the Choice Clear